Saturday, February 20, 2010

So How About that New McLaren Book?

People have been asking me what I think about Brian McLaren's new book. I have not yet posted my opinion on it because I have this old-fashioned hang-up about actually reading a book before I trash it. (I know not everybody has this inhibition!) But seriously, it is coming as fast as Amazon.ca can get it here and I will read it and respond as soon as possible.

In the meantime, Bill Kinnon has compiled a very handy list of responses so far to McLaren. From what I've seen so far, I would have to agree with one person who offered the view that the majority opinion is a hesitant tendency to admit that the cranky conservatives have been right about him all along. I would not be surprised if that were the case, but as I say I want to read the book first.

No comments: