Friday, October 14, 2011

Anti-Semitism at Occupy Wall Street and Leftist Hypocrisy

Some of my critics think I an being too hard on Occupy Wall Street. (See comments on the last post.) But, actually, I've been restraining myself. No, really!

There are several (probably a lot more than I've seen, but I've seen several) videos circulating on the web of evidence of gross anti-Semitism being expressed and tolerated at OWS protests. When I saw the first one, I thought it was an isolated wacko and it might be dangerous to put it up; after all, maybe the leaders of OWS have already condemned it. Then I saw more and heard nothing from the OWS leadership about it. I checked the website. Nothing.

But the Emergency Committee for Israel, which is doing yeoman's work fighting back against the Obama administration's anti-Israel agenda, has just done an ad in which excerpts from several of these videos are collected together. The point of the ad is to challenge Democratic leaders for daring to support a protest movement that is obviously deeply infested with filthy anti-Semites.

Just imagine if right-wing anti-Semitic groups showed up at Tea Party rallies and ranted against the "Jewish bankers" who control the country and if they were tolerated by the rally organizers and participants. Just imagine how big a story it would be. Just imagine what Keith Olberman, Lawrence O'Donnell and Chris Matthews would say. Just imagine what Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean would say. Just imagine how vilified the Tea Party would be and how much screaming and self-righteous indignation would ensue.

Now listen to the silence from the Left over anti-Semitism at OWS: (cue sound of crickets chriping)

Here is the ad from ECI.



I think the silence is eloquent.

Note:
Don't even bother leaving comments saying that the movement can't be held responsible for every loon who associates with it and that an open, democratic movement can't police itself. That is baloney. Maybe OWS can't prevent an anti-Semitic thug from carrying an OWS sign and getting filmed spouting anti-Semitic garbage, but once that happens and they are called on it, the movement can disown, denounce and separate itself from the anti-Semitism - if it wants to do so. When that happens, let me know and I'll gladly post a notice of it.

No comments: