Thursday, May 13, 2010

Obsequious Liberals and Brazen Islamofascists: Which is Worse?

Below are two video clips that are available on YouTube. (HT to Daniel Halper and John McCormack at The Weekly Standard). Watch them both (they are very short - one is 2 minutes and the other is 3.5 minutes) and then decide which one indicates the greater danger to freedom and justice in the Western world.

I have posted the transcript of the second one from John McCormack's post in case you find it difficult to believe that you did hear what you just heard. Trust me, you did. And if you don't get a chill running up your spine when she says "For it" then you are either historically unaware or morally dead or utterly clueless. First they came for the Jews . . .

Obsequious Liberal: In the first Eric Holder refuses to say that the Times Square Bomber may have been motivated by radical Islam despite prodding from Rep. Lamar Smith at a House Judiciary Hearing broadcast on C-Span.



Brazen Islamofascist: In this clip, a member of the Muslim Students Association at UC San Diego affirms her support for Hamas' goal of destroying all the Jews in the world.



MSA member: If I support Hamas, because your question forces me to condemn Hamas. If I support Hamas, I look really bad.

Horowitz: If you don’t condemn Hamas, obviously you support it. Case closed. I have had this experience at UC Santa Barbara, where there were 50 members of the Muslim Students Association sitting right in the rows there. And throughout my hour talk I kept asking them, will you condemn Hizbollah and Hamas. And none of them would. And then when the question period came, the president of the Muslim Students Association was the first person to ask a question. And I said, ‘Before you start, will you condemn Hizbollah?’ And he said, ‘Well, that question is too complicated for a yes or no answer.’ So I said, ‘Okay, I’ll put it to you this way. I am a Jew. The head of Hizbollah has said that he hopes that we will gather in Israel so he doesn’t have to hunt us down globally. For or Against it?

MSA member: For it.

___________

The Answer: For me, it is impossible to say that one is very much worse than the other. If a second Holocaust is to take place, both obsequious liberals and brazen Islamofascists will be necessary to bring it to pass. They play different roles, hold different views and do different things. But without obsequious liberals making it possible for brazen Islamofascism to go unchallenged and gradually become stronger, it would never be able to get a foothold in the West.

No comments: