Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Point is to Bully Christians

The main reason why pro-homosexual (and pro-sexual revolution) activists want same-sex marriage to be the law of the land is so that pro-homosexual behaviour propaganda can be incorporated into the school curriculum.  The point of that is to detach the next generation from their parents and their churches and convert them to the pro-sexual revolution agenda of free sex and a post-traditional marriage culture.

You think I'm crazy?  Well, I think you are naive.  Check out this example from Focus on the Family of bullying students with traditional morals.
A group of high school journalism students attending a conference called “Journalism on the Edge” in Seattle over the weekend felt they were pushed over the edge by syndicated sex advice columnist Dan Savage.
Savage, the creator of the two-year-old It Gets Better Project, which encourages teens struggling with same-sex attractions to embrace homosexuality, was invited to give a keynote address last Friday at the JEA/NSPA National High School Journalism Convention.
Students were expecting him to talk about bullying. But they also got an earful about birth control, sex, and Savage’s opinions on the Bible.
 A 17-year-old from California who was attending with half a dozen other students from her high school yearbook staff, was one of several students to walk out in the middle of Savage’s speech.
“The first thing he told the audience was, ‘I hope you’re all using birth control!’ ” she recalled. Then “he said there are people using the Bible as an excuse for gay bullying, because it says in Leviticus and Romans that being gay is wrong. Right after that, he said we can ignore all the ‘B.S.’ in the Bible.

“I was thinking, ‘This is not going a good direction at all,’ Then he started going off about the Bible. He said somehow the Bible was pro-slavery. I’m really shy. I’m not really someone to, like, stir up anything. But all of a sudden I just blurted out, ‘That’s bull!’ ”
As she and several other students walked out of the auditorium, Savage noticed them leaving and called them “pansies.”
Though recordings of the keynote speech are unavailable, Savage has made similar comments in the past, which can be found on YouTube. Among them:
“Most people that you wind up arguing with about religion and homosexuality have not ever read the Bible without their, you know, moron glasses on.”
“If you believe it is the divinely inspired word of God, if you believe in the literal truth of the Bible, I challenge you to read the first five (expletive) pages. There are two creation myths in Genesis.”
“We ignore the (expletive) in the Bible about race, about slavery, and we’re going to have to get there for homosexuality.”
The student’s father is a public school teacher. Though he said Savage’s comments were inappropriate, he thinks the organizers of the conference are ultimately responsible.
“I’m well-versed in the rules of the game, the captive-audience ethic,” he said. “You have a bunch of kids. They’re required to go to school. They don’t have the option of walking out on you as a teacher, so you guard your speech.
“If Dan Savage was a teacher, they’d suspend him without pay for this behavior,” he added. “He didn’t take account of who his audience was. If he was doing this with a bunch of college journalism kids, that would be a different story — that’s more rough and tumble. How many of the kids who didn’t walk out felt backed into a corner? To me, that’s bullying behavior. It has all the symptoms, as far as I’m concerned.”
 You can't sing a Christmas carol in a public school, but you can launch vicious attacks like this on Christians.  Do you think this kind of 180 degree shift in a culture happens by accident or without a planned and coordinated attack by fanatical activists? Note that the goal being promoted by Savage's organization is not about tolerance; it is to get teens to embrace homosexuality.  That means they are after your children and they want to convert them; that is the cold, hard fact of the matter.

Yes there is a bullying problem in public schools today and Christians who stand up for their faith are the victims.

3 comments:

Trenton Christian Church said...

Hey Dr. Carter.
After reading this post I feel ashamed and liberated at the same time. Lately, knowing that this firestorm against X'ianty is coming I've wondered whether if its not just best to keep my head down. However, hearing someone like Savage come out and explicitly 'bully' anyone who believes in the Bible makes me feel like the issue is FINALLY coming to a head - that its not just about pro-gays, but more about anti-X'ians, and it is time to stand up for what we believe as X'ians. It's wild to me how threatening it is to be a X'ian in Canada now, but I can no longer hide my head in the sand.

Trenton Christian Church said...

That being said, I would like to note to any other commentors and readers that though I do not agree with homosexuality, I also do not agree with hatred towards homosexuals. For example, I have a dear close family member who is gay. I love him and his partner who is a wonderfully sweet man. They know I don't agree with their relationship but and they obviously don't agree with my opnion, but we can still love each other aside from that. Furthermore, my own personal approach to addressing what I believe to be actions that are morally damaging to them, I handle with private prayer for them, rather than in-your-face-type-preaching, which I know would only drive them away.

end rant.

Rocky2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.